Wazi campers come from all over the world, flying into Boston, Massachussets or Portland, Maine. Those coming from nearby in the USA can come to camp by car or join our private, chartered group bus in Boston.
As soon as your travel plans are confirmed, please update the “Transportation” form in your campers’ CampInTouch profile. This information MUST be entered by June 1st to ensure transportation in camp vehicles. Please do not send us itineraries- this information must be entered into CampInTouch by a parent or guardian to ensure that nothing gets lost in translation.
IMPORTANT: Flights to and from camp must arrive within the arrival and departure windows or we will be unable to pick up or drop off your campers.
If you have any questions about your travel plans, please reach out to Amanda (firstname.lastname@example.org) to confirm BEFORE booking.
Many campers arrive with their families by car. Drop off times will be sent out to families via email as we near the start of our first session.
We offer chartered bus service from Logan International Airport in Boston, Massachusetts and from the Riverside T Station in Newton, Massachusetts, and sometimes from New York City depending on interest. To ensure that your camper will have a seat on the bus, please make sure that it is selected in the “Additional Options” section on page three of the Camper Application.
Campers arriving by plane come to Boston’s Logan International Airport (BOS) or Portland, Maine’s Portland International Jetport (PWM). They are picked up at the airport by our staff and join our private, chartered bus or shuttle. Please follow the below guidelines when selecting flights. First session flights (and possibly second session depending on interest) from Miami, Florida are chaperoned flights.
- For campers flying into/out of Boston’s Logan International Airport (BOS):
- Flights must arrive on Arrival Day between 10AM and 2PM to ensure that campers will make the bus to camp.
On Departure Day, flights must depart between 2PM and 5PM.
- Campers will be either transported in one or our private vans or in a private bus chartered by Wazi. The ride between BOS and camp is about 3 hours.
PORTLAND MAINE: (not Oregon!)
For campers flying into/out of Portland International Jetport (PWM):
- Flights must arrive on Arrival Day between 10AM and 4PM to ensure that campers will make the bus to camp.
- On Departure Day, flights must depart between 12PM and 6PM.
- Campers will be transported in one of our private vans or in a private bus chartered by Wazi. The ride between PWM and camp is about 1 hour.
Campers flying as unaccompanied minors are escorted by airline staff to and from their seats and dropped off directly to us. They are never left alone for any time. Minimum and maximum ages for unaccompanied minors vary according to different airlines.
Please reach out to email@example.com with any travel questions before booking!